Windhoek Draught DTS Volleyball for All 2019
Windhoek Draught DTS Volleyball for All 2019
Saturday 2nd February 2019
DTS Sport Ground
DTS is preparing again for one of Windhoek’s biggest sports events.
Teams that wish to participate can enter a team in the Mixed (6-a-side) category: Two ladies must be on court at all times and only 2 regular/ registered players are allowed per team.
Who can enter?
1. This event is for designed for Non-Volleyball players to enjoy a fun-filled day.
2. MIXED 6-a-side teams only: Teams must consist of 6 players, with an unlimited number of substitutes, and at least 2 ladies on the court at all times. Players may be substituted at any time between points. A match will be lost if less than 6 players of the team are on the court.
3. Not more than 2 regular volleyball players are allowed per team. If registered to any organization linked to the Namibian Volleyball Federation (NVF) or FIVB, on or after 1 January 2014, a player will be regarded as a regular player. The organizers’ decisions are FINAL! To prevent problems, all former and present NVF Members are advised to complete form number 2 of the entry form accurately.
4. Players are allowed to play for ONE TEAM ONLY throughout the whole day, even teams representing the same company, club or any other form of association. The organizers have the right to use colour or letter codes on players to prevent unnecessary misunderstandings. Players may not be “bought” after the first round, e.g. to play in the final rounds to strengthen the team!
Programme and scoring
5. First games start at 08h00 sharp – teams that are incomplete or late on the field will lose the game.
6. A team not on court at the scheduled time or after having been requested to play will lose that game with a score of 0:15.
7. Scoring points works as follows: win = 2 points; loss = 0 points; draw = 1 point.
8. Teams that win the coin toss have the choice of side, service or receive. No side changes during the game.
9. The referee's decision is final.
10. Teams or their players that avail themselves to rude behaviour or foul language towards any officials, organizers, or participants will be disqualified! (It has happened before) Remember you might harm your sponsor/company/good name.
Entering your team
11. Entry fee of N$ 1000.00 per team, which is not refundable, and a proof of payment must be emailed to before your team entry is confirmed.
12. ENTRY CLOSING date is Thursday, 24 January 2019. Please be aware that over the last 3 years we have filled all 240 team spaces before the deadline. If you entered but cannot make it, please call us to cancel on; 081 4554571 to allow teams on the waiting list to participate.
13. In the unlikely event of overbooking, the entry fees will be refunded.
14. Read your entry form carefully. Make sure confirmation is received from the organizer, by email, that your team is definitely registered after payment is received.
15. The organizers reserve the right to change or adapt the programme.
16. The organizers reserve the right to the name “Volleyball for All”.
17. The organizers reserve all rights in handling matters and their decisions are final and binding.
18. The officials and security staff have total control over the DTS club premises.
19. The organisers will not be held responsible for any losses, theft or injury whatsoever. Entering the premises and participation is at everyone's own risk.
20. NO PRIVATE ‘BRAAI’, FOOD, OR BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN INTO THE PREMISES! Food and drinks are available for purchase all day long.
21. Prepare yourselves for the weather - bring umbrellas, raincoats, chairs, a hat and a good sunscreen.
Before the event
22. Playing Schedules must please be collected at the DTS Club premises, Sean McBride St, Olympia on Friday, 1 February 2019 between 17h00 and 20h00. During this time, you may use the courts to practise with your team. The beer tent will be open as well.
23. Gazebos may be put up Friday evening from 17h00 at own risk. Court sponsors have the right to put up their gazebos before any other teams on the same court. Please leave at least 3 metres space from the side line of courts.
24. Great prizes can be won not only for Volleyball, but also for Best-dressed teams, Sportiest Team, Best organized team, etc.
25. Prize giving will be held after the finals. Afterwards, you are invited to dance through the night to the tunes of a DJ.
26. Teams should be present for the prize giving; otherwise the organizers could consider awarding prizes to next best!
|Event Date||02.02.2019 8:00|
|Event End Date||02.02.2019 23:55|
|Location||DTS - Deutscher Turn- und Sportverein|